Your Saf helper for this recipe:
3 tablespoon castor sugar
2 sachets of saf instant yeast (approx.. 25g)
2 eggs, beaten
1 sugar cube
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 210 °C.
2. Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons warm milk. Add a sugar cube and crush together.
3. Place the flour in a bowl, and mix in a pinch of salt, the beaten eggs, the warm, melted butter and the castor sugar.
4. Allow the dough to rise. Grease a tin with butter and coat the inside with flour.
5. Leave the dough to rise until doubled in volume, covering with a teacloth for 1 to 2 hours. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
6. To make the topping: Mix together the castor sugar, the egg and butter.Spread on top of the tart and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.